Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I don't know about you, but it is not everyday that I see a giant cow on the side of the road. (Although, when I told an acquaintance about the "cow spotting" she replied, 'Oh, that thing, I see it all of the time'.") For me, this sight was a rarity and I felt worthy of sharing. Plus, this cow was seriously almost two stories high!

With the summer season un-officially begun, the time of year for fun and carefree are upon us. How much more fun can you get than a behemoth cow beckoning passersby into a local drive-in? Is anyone else thoroughly entertained, or is it just me? The day I spotted the giant cow I was a bit frazzled and desperate for something to lighten the mood. It was one of those days when I did not feel like working and was trying to garner some enthusiasm for what lay ahead...then I drove by this cow! I started laughing hysterically and immediately pulled over to send a picture to some family members (so yes, this photo isn't entirely new to everyone!!?!)

I cannot profess any aesthetic purpose for this photo or speak much of it's composition...but that's O.K. My intention for sharing the picture was to put a smile on your face and have you say, "I wish I could pass a giant, plastic cow on the side of the road!" Sometimes you need to put aside all of the formality of work and revel in the absurdities of everyday life. One stressful morning that is exactly what I did: I was in need of a distraction and most certainly found it a giant bovine.


What kind of crazy stuff have you ever passed on the side of the road?

If you didn't stop, how tempted were you to pull over a snag a picture?


Don't ever pass up a great photo opp because it might seem too silly!

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment