Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Green Maze

How cool is this garden? From the sampling of color to the symmetry, everything about this room was amazing. It stinks that I couldn't actually walk around...this particular location kept "visitors" at bay and did not allow anyone to move throughout this maze of bushes. When I came across this green landscape I wished I had a book, could find an empty corner, and relax for a few hours. Unfortunately, I was not able to do any of those things...but I could dream!

As I stood at the "fence" I was thinking how awesome this display would look in my backyard. I would love to be able to get up on a warm summer morning, walk outside, and enjoy this beautiful view over some breakfast. I could maybe do without the statues that are hiding in the back amongst the trees, but otherwise I would definitely enjoy having everything else five feet from my kitchen window.

I think there is a calmness that this garden creates. The light colored flowers - don't ask me what they are...does anyone know? - mixed in with the low-lying bushes don't intimidate onlookers but rather welcome them. The tiny paths seemed very inviting, enticing me to walk around and explore the landscaping up close. Finally, there didn't seem to be any sharp angles or turns, everything was very smooth and gradual...very peaceful.

I would be lying if I didn't say I felt like I was in a movie - no specific titles came to mind, but this scene just felt like something you would see in a fictional world.

Any suggestions?

Does a specific movie come to mind when looking at this garden?

I was picturing a film that takes place in Europe or on some sweeping estate (which I don't own and could be a good reason why this is not in my backyard!!?). Can't you just picture dignitaries walking up these paths with a cocktail, or the ladies in long flowing dresses with parasols overhead to protect against the sun's rays? Perhaps a small band or a piano in the back - taking the place of the statues - playing some quiet melodies, while the birds chirp overhead...

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I too would love to have something like this on my land! This reminds me of a picture I saw of the Palace of Versailles.

    ReplyDelete