Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Traveling Far Away...

I wanted to share this picture for the simple fact that I really like it and feel it is one of those pictures that can take you far away from where you are right now! When I was standing in this garden taking the photo I commented, "I feel like I'm in Holland". Everywhere I turned I saw tulips - yes, those are tulips behind the daffodils. The sight was absolutely beautiful! Now, I have never been to the Netherlands but I have seen pictures and with a little imagination this field of flowers transported me across the Atlantic Ocean! The tulips were not the only thing that stirred my imagination...and the excitement did not end once I headed home.

The smell of the garden was just as important as the flowers themselves: each flower and bush had its own unique scent which filled the air everywhere I walked. Looking at the photo I am reminded of those smells. I am reminded of the feeling I had walking up the path; a feeling of attending church on a bright, spring morning when the building is full of lilies, daffodils, and other seasonal flowers.

I can take another look at the photo and still feel the light breeze that was gently blowing the flowers and trees that afternoon. Suddenly, I am once again standing on the same path. Even though the breeze is warm, I am provided a little relief from the sun beating down on my face. At this point, I am taken away from this particular garden to a field where the same flowers grow wild; a field where little critters can be seen scurrying around, and there is a tree off in the distance that provides even more relief than the breeze.

I love this picture because I can look back and for a few moments I can imagine myself traveling to someplace real or someplace that exists only in my imagination! I can even travel back to the time when I actually took the photo and relive that wonderful, spring afternoon.

Is there someplace this scenery reminds you of?
If you close your eyes, where do you imagine yourself?

Whatever it is or wherever you travel does not have to be the same all of the time. Each time you look at a picture or video different memories and images can be conjured up - which allows for more adventure.

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment