Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Striking Curves...

Recently, I had the opportunity to videotape at a classic car show and was mesmerized by what was on display. There was cars spanning, literally, seven decades - including this eye-catching Plymouth. Aside from its striking, black finish this car caught my attention because of the endless supply of curves that formed its vintage frame. I couldn't find one straight line anywhere on the body! The front grill was my favorite aspect out of the entire car.

There was a number of characteristics that attracted me to this section of the car. For starters the symmetry - I loved the alternating black and chrome lines that formed the grill itself; they seemed to curve around without ever ending...

I also loved how the car frame itself seemed to slowly descend to the ground, forming little domes that were each lower than the one before. These domes looked more like bubbles that somehow came together to form this unique and stunning car.

Simplicity - another aspect of the classic Plymouth that I loved and an element that inspired this picture. To me the front grill was so simple and appeared to be designed with something in mind that is loved by everyone: repetition. There is a comfort and attraction to repetition and this front grill is one repeating curve after another! There aren't a lot of crazy or bold angles; no large ornamentation to distract an observer; just the simple combination of the black and chrome over and over again. I love it!

What amazed me even more is that I would not consider myself an auto expert; I don't study cars or frequently attend car shows, yet I was still captivated by this sleek sedan. I couldn't tell you what was under the hood or at what speed this car topped out; all I can tell you is that when I saw this black beacon, which seemed to be reflecting everything in the room, I had to capture a picture.

What catches your attention about this car?

What does it make you think about?

All I could say was "striking curves".

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment