Monday, April 12, 2010

Amidst the Choas

One recent day in New York City - and despite the ice forming on the water it truly was just a few weeks ago - I snagged this picture walking through Central Park. Every so often I succumb to the "inner tourist" and take a bunch of pictures while walking through New York. With so many amazing sites all around you - from architecture to history to culture - it is impossible to not take a handful of pictures.

This picture I wanted to share because no matter how much time I spend in the park, I always love the fact that you get "lost" amidst the trees and "nature" (and yes, I use those terms very loosely) while being surrounded by buildings that seem to continually reach higher toward the sky. I think it creates the perfect contrast! Visitors to the park have the opportunity to experience the resiliency of nature, since beautiful trees and flowers grow strong just a few hundred feet away from cars rushing up and down 5th Avenue or Central Park West.

As I stood on a bridge taking this picture I marveled at the calmness I felt - despite my dynamic surroundings outside the park. I felt as though I stepped into this solitary world (aside from my friend standing next to me) and was able to see what the city is like without all of the commotion. It's as if, for a moment, all the cars and pedestrians had stopped and I was afforded an honest look at the beauty New York City has to offer - beauty in the way so many different worlds collide to form one unique city.

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment