Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sitting and Waiting...

You may be looking at this picture right now and thinking that you have seen enough Evergreen trees over the past month because of Christmas. Isn't there anything else around worthy enough of a photo? Truth is, these trees were not grown with the intent of being decorated with lights and tinsel, but rather to be planted in someone's yard! So, what inspired this unseasonal photo in the middle of winter...plenty!

In the midst of a cold, gray winter everyone needs a little inspiration - a push to keep them going to the warm, colorful days of Spring. As I was driving by a local nursery I noticed this row of vibrant Evergreens lined up along the road. They were all so green and fresh, the perfect addition to any landscaping. I immediately started thinking about Spring time and when these trees would finally be buried in the ground permanently. I was truly surprised at each tree's appearance: despite the cold temperatures and snowfalls that have passed through the area, everything looked fairly unscathed. I was reminded of the strength and resiliency of youth! If I had not known the date, just looking at these trees I would have figured it was April and they were going to be planted the next day.

Amazingly, this time of year you can also see other signs of warm weather:

How many of you have walked through a department store and seen bathing suits or shorts hanging on the rack?

Have telemarketers started harassing you about booking your summer vacation?

How many clearance shelves are full of winter sporting gear and accessories, with baseball equipment and sandals taking over the prime locations?

Even though the return of greener surroundings is still nearly three months away, the thought of Spring was very enticing the day I took this photo! I love winter for its cold, crisp days; peaceful, early morning snowfalls; and warm layers; however, after months of gray grass and empty trees I think colorful, new blossoms will be a welcome sight. Ironically, I feel like the last leaf just fell off the remaining tree and I am already looking for its return!

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment