Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reminiscent of the 4th of July

I know the 4th of July has officially come and gone - I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and found some time to relax - but when I passed this Willow Tree all I could think about was the recent holiday . In the wake of the many fireworks displays I witnessed over the long weekend, I thought this would be a perfect photo to share with everyone.

Everyone always has a "favorite" firework either based upon color, design, size, or even the noise made. My favorite has always been the "one that looks like a Willow tree"! You know which ones I mean, right? I am not alone in this idea; the other night I was sitting in my beach chair watching the color-filled spectacle and overheard a woman say, "that looks just like a Willow tree" - and her friend agreed! This particular firework look so peaceful. It is not one that makes a large boom or explodes over several stages; rather, the Willow fireworks explode and fall gracefully from the sky, much like the branches of a tree. They are an enjoyable contrast to the pyrotechnics that look and sound like a rapid fire machine gun! During any 4th of July display, when I see one of the "Willow trees" I feel like it is an opportunity to catch my breath for the craziness that will come next.

So, blame it on a desire to continue the fun from an exciting holiday weekend, but I cannot help pass a Willow tree and think of my "favorite" part of any fireworks display.


What is your favorite part of the 4th of July fireworks?

How do you feel about the "Willow trees"?

Is there anything that you have seen the past few days that stir lingering memories from the holiday?


I would be remiss if I did not say that I have always enjoyed Willow trees themselves for their stately presence. These trees have a way of creating a peaceful, relaxing environment no matter where they are rooted. I can always picture a group of people gathered beneath the branches enjoying a nice picnic, or someone resting against the large trunk reading a good book. Even if a Willow tree is not the tallest out of a bunch it always seems to draw my attention first.

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment