Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Don't Rule Anything Out...

You may be wondering about the focal point of this picture. I assure you, the photo was taken far away on purpose. Although, in my effort to be discreet (sometimes I have to take a picture and run before being noticed) and capture the entire setting, I may have been a little too far away. Nevertheless, I wanted to capture this quaint, mobile-home community nestled along the edge of this forrest...a what..."mobile-home community" - better known as a trailer park!

I will admit, I always had a certain image of mobile homes and the people that lived in them, as do most Americans; but after passing this community my opinion changed. Look at this beautiful setting! Who wouldn't enjoy walking out the front door every morning to a peaceful neighborhood like this one? Even though I was only there for a few minutes I just got the feeling that the neighbors all got along and there wasn't anyone who played loud music or ran power tools at 7:30 on a Saturday morning!

When I thought "trailer park" I used to picture the old metal buildings with the plastic awning over the front door. The houses I captured in this picture were totally different. Many of them looked like "regular" homes built from the foundation up. They have landscaped yards, areas to park their cars, and sheds to keep their lawnmowers - just like any house in suburban America.

Pardon me if this all sounds like ignorance, but I have never passed a set of mobile homes where I said, "Huh, I could actually live here...". Chances are I still wouldn't because the house would be too small for me but at least my reluctance doesn't come from any longstanding stereotype. This community almost had the feeling of a vacation getaway: rolling green fields, quiet streets, birds chirping - what more could you want?


Isn't this the kind of neighborhood in which everyone wants to have a home and live out the American Dream?

When have you suddenly taken a second look and totally blasted away any preconceived notions about something?


Perhaps catching something in the spur of the moment does really give you an unbiased view.

That's the Golden Perspective...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment